HOPE for Animals Feral Cat Protocols/Policies
$30.00 for the surgery, ear tip, and rabies vaccine.
- No appointment is necessary for feral cats in live-release traps.
- All feral cats must come to the clinic in a secure, live-release trap. No exceptions. This is for the well-being of the cats and the safety of our staff. If they are tame enough to be put in a carrier, please make an appointment. If they are free-roaming cats, please make an appointment.
- Feral cats must be fasted by the trapper - no food after 7 a.m. the day of surgery. If there is a food bowl/tin in the trap with the cat, please just turn it over.
- All feral, barn and stray cats will be ear-tipped for easy visual identification that they have already been altered.
- Any cat that arrives in a live-release trap will not receive a physical exam to determine fitness for anesthesia prior to receiving anesthesia.