Spay and Neuter Services
Due to the recent Coronavirus outbreak, and to follow social distancing guidelines, we here at H.O.P.E. for Animals are taking additional precautionary measures within the clinic for the safety of our staff, pets and clients.
During this time, our services and hours available may be limited. Please follow our website and Facebook page for regular updates. We kindly ask all of our clients to wear a face covering while in our building, and to only have one person per visit if possible.
When you arrive for your surgery appointment:
Please arrive at 8 AM. The doors to the clinic will be closed.
Please be prepared with your pet at our front door. All dogs must be on a leash and all cats must be in separate carrier (one cat per carrier)
Only three clients at a time will be brought in the building. At this time, we will go over your pets medical history and intake your pet for surgery.
Payment is due in the morning; Credit card or Care Credit are preferred.
For surgery pick up please arrive the same day at 3:15 if you have a dog or 3:45 if you have a cat unless directed otherwise. You may receive a call if an earlier pick up is possible or if a balance is due at pick up. At arrival, the doors to the clinic will be closed. A number to dial will be posted outside our clinic when you arrive. Please call that number to let us know you are here. We will be limiting to three clients at a time into the building for pick up.
Community Cats can be brought into the clinic on a walk-in basis on Mondays – Wednesdays at 8 am. We accept a limited number of walk-ins each day. If you have 3 or more feral cats needing surgery on the same day, you may contact the Community Cat Coordinator to schedule an appointment for those community cats. 260-440-8893
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment for an owned pet you can do so online, as well as by stopping into the clinic or calling us at 260-420-SPAY (7729) and please leave a voicemail if you do not receive a receptionist, we will call you back.
All SURGERY SPOTS for the months of August and September are filled.
The October surgery schedule will open on September 1st.
We do have a cancellation list if our surgery schedule is full. If you are able to accept a 1-2 day notice for a surgery appointment, please leave your information and your pets information with us and we will call you if there is an opening in the schedule.
To schedule an appointment for vaccines in our Wellness Clinic, please call us at 260-420-SPAY and please leave a voicemail if you do not receive a receptionist, we will call you back. Or you can Click Here to schedule an appointment online.
Important things to know about surgery appointments:
- Pets must be 3 months and at least 3 pounds for surgery
- Giant breed dogs must have senior blood work completed before surgery beginning at 5 years of age
- Non giant-breed dogs and any cat must have senior blood work completed before surgery beginning at 8 years of age
- Additional services such as vaccines are available for your pet at an additional cost the day of surgery. You will be able to add those when scheduling or on the day of surgery here at the clinic
- If your pet is current on vaccines – please bring the current rabies certificate or proof of vaccinations from your veterinarian with you the day of your pets surgery
- Drop off time is 8 am for all pets having surgery
- Pick up time is 3:15 pm for dogs or 3:45 for cats unless told otherwise.
- You may send another family member or friend to drop off or pick up your pet as long as we are made aware of this.
- Late drop offs for surgery appointments often result in surgery needing to be rescheduled
- We recommend that all pets are vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to surgery appointment.
- There may be additional charges if your pet requires antibiotics.
- Surgery prices include the cost of pain medications.
- An Elizabethan collar (cone) is included in your pets surgery and is highly recommended for all animals except male cats and community (trapped) cats.
- Male animals are Neutered, Female animals are Spayed
- All pets will receive a small tattoo during surgery
- There will be an additional charge if your pet is pregnant, in heat, cryptorchid (testicles not descended), has a reducible hernia, weighs over 100 lbs, is obese, requires a spay-section or has a pyometra (infection of the uterus).
- Save time at check-in PRINT ADMISSION FORM HERE
We accept the following forms of payment: Cash, Debit, Care Credit, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Cards. NO Checks will be accepted for clinic services.
Pets must be at least 12 weeks and 3 pounds for surgery, and in general good health. A blood work panel is required before surgery for giant breed dogs at 5 years and older, and at 8 years and over for all other dogs and cats.